In this episode: Meaghan Sullivan, Head of Global Partner Marketing & SME at SAP, talks with Brian on International Women’s Day about the adverse impact of the pandemic on women in the workforce. She shares ideas on how to reverse the downturn and why it’s important to lead by example. There is also a surprise guest on the show
Suggestions from Meaghan Sullivan on Women Helping Women in the Workforce:
- Don’t be afraid to have uncomfortable conversations if you are struggling at work or at home. “It’s ok not to be ok.”
- Don’t dwell on what has gone wrong. Focus on how to move forward; what will it take to get back on track?
- Lead by example. It’s ok for a leader to be vulnerable and say “I’m struggling too,” but then be a leader and show how not to let your struggle define you.
- Psychological Safety – Let people come to work and be their “authentic” selves.
- Look for the silver linings in a crisis. It can make someone stop walking on the wrong path so that they can get on the right path.
- Take time to think about where you want to be a year from now, five years from now, and what it will take to achieve your goals? Always have a goal.