In this episode:
In his new book, “Rebound: From Pain to Passion”, Matt Doherty talks to Brian about winning the national championship with Michael Jordan, becoming head coach at University of North Carolina, being named Coach of the Year, and then forced to resign from his dream job just two years later. Matt shares the lessons he learned, the renewed faith he found, and how writing this book changed his life for the better
Key Assists from Matt Doherty:
- “Life is a series of decisions and dealing with consequences. The better decisions you make, the better your life will be.”
- “Setbacks are an opportunity for growth.”
- “Leadership is a learned behavior.”
- “It’s important to have ‘Truth Tellers’ in your life; they are the people who tell you what you need to hear instead of what they think you want to hear.
- Perspective is important during difficult times.
- The Six Knows of Leadership = S.T.E.V.I.T (Self, Team, Environment, Industry, Truth)