In This Episode – Kara Hoogensen, SVP of Workplace Benefits at The Principal Financial Group, returns to the podcast to discuss the latest conversations around small business and workplace benefits. There is an incredible opportunity for business owners to grow their business while retaining their best employees and turning the ordinary into extraordinary. The magic can be found inside this episode.
Key Takeaways on Workplace Benefits from Kara Hoogensen:
- When it comes to workplace benefits, many business owners don’t know where to start. They think benefits are for companies with a hundred employees or more. The reality is that we will work with companies that have two employees.
- On our website, we will provide you, free of charge, with a report that shows you the most common benefits in your area among companies with similar demographics. At the very least, you can see what your competition for talent is offering their employees.
- one in four Americans will find themselves unable to work for a period of time during their working lifetime.
- When it comes to workplace benefits, the best thing business owners can do is talk to their employees before making any decisions. And that’s where small businesses have a particular advantage because the owner will know every single employee.
- 75% of business owners say that having that benefits program puts them in a position where they’re better able to attract employees. It makes a difference, but the program must be used to be valued.
- Understanding your employees and what is important to them is the key to success in making sure you have the right benefits in place.